At Vision Villa Resort, we love hosting retreats that improve your wellness and nourish your body. From yoga and tantra retreats to week-long entrepreneur accelerators, there’s always something here to keep expanding your knowledge.
On August 10th we will host a 5-day cooking retreat from our beautiful tropical paradise in Bali, with Chef Cynthia Louise. It will be a chance to immerse yourself into the highly nourishing, delectable food creations of Chef Cynthia.
** Here’s what you will learn **
Brand-New Cooking Skills:
The skills, techniques and recipes you will learn are for life. This retreat is designed to give you useful insight into the importance of ingredients like nuts, legumes, vegetables, good fats, seeds, spices, herbs and how to use high mineral salts in cooking. All while becoming more comfortable in the kitchen, making it a less stressful time and more of a nourishing, enjoyable time.
Nourish Your “3 Brains”:
A big part of this retreat’s work is to convey the link between the health of your gut microbiome (the “gut-brain”), your “heart brain” and your head brain. These 3 main areas are very important when it comes to nourishing ourselves. In fact, this retreat goes beyond just learning how to cook plant-based meals.
The Nourish Retreat explores the way you move, breath and think. There will be daily movement classes, created for you to focus on your breath and afternoon workshops that will expand your understanding of the mind-body relationship.
Cooking & Nourishing Every Day:
Every day at the retreat we are cooking at the Genius Café kitchen, part of the Vision Villa Resort. This place is known for its calm vibes and creative energy so that you feel super comfortable and ready to try out all these new recipes.
You will also have your own cooking station to learn, prepare and cook from, as well as an abundance of natural plant-based ingredients (organic, where possible), which you will recognise. Our dishes will contain an immense amount of dietary fibre, which will be super important for ongoing gut health.
- Over 50 Nourish Retreat wholefood plant-based recipes to learn and cook
- Improve your kitchen skills — how to cut ingredients, what utensils to use, how to store ingredients, what you should and shouldn’t be freezing, food styling your finished dish, cooking techniques that bring ease to your life in your kitchen
- Creative ways to replace eggs, cream, butter, cheese, yoghurt & fish sauce
- Substituting ingredients that your body could be reacting to
- Creating balanced flavours in meals, using real whole food ingredients
- New flavour combinations using fresh herbs and spices
- Fermentation, chocolate tempering, cooked and raw desserts; sauces and dressings that you used to buy, and can now make; understanding how to cook and use legumes, rice, millet and quinoa
- Creating plant-based tapas and an “Indian feast”
Plus, learn the theory:
- Deep insights on your “gut-brain”. How the microbes work and how this plays a massive part in your health
- Know how eating lots of plants daily can reduce inflammation and stress
- Putting your organs first, when choosing what to cook and eat
- Get the textures right, so the sauces are creamy without the cream, and tasty without fake ingredients
- The importance of your microbiome and gut health and the impact food and stress has on this
Bonus inclusions when booking with Vision Villa Resort:
- Balinese welcome dinner and cultural performance
- All food & non-alcoholic drinks at the retreat (excluding extra purchases)
- Daily movement sessions
- 1 x 60-minute Balinese massage
- 3 off-site food-related adventure trips
- Take home your NOURISH RETREAT BAIL Recipe Book and MEAL PLAN
** Testimonial **
“I came to the nourish retreat to learn new recipes and ideas for my business. I love the variety of recipes, how easy they all are to make and the basic ingredients used. It was done in an easy to follow way and was so much fun to be in Chef Cynthia’s presence.”
** Retreat Details **
Date: 10th -14th August, 2020
Venue: Vision Villas Resort – Medahan, Bali (30 Minutes Northeast of Sanur)
Address: Jl. Pantai Masceti, Medahan, Kabupaten Gianyar 80581, Bali, Indonesia
Book your Nourish Retreat spot, Today! – link https://www.healthyself.co/nourish-retreat/